Hi, my name is Janna and I am a TV addict. (Say it with me now...) Hi Janna!
I blame my mother. As a child I never watched typical kid shows much - some cartoons and Disney Channel - but mostly I watched Little House on the Prarie, The Waltons, Happy Days and The Brady Bunch re-runs. And from that moment on, my life revolved around what was on TV that night. These were days before VCR's and DVR's. If you werent home to catch your show, you didnt catch your show. Thank god those times have changed.
I majored in communications in college. My concentration was Public Relations but we spent a lot of time thinking and talking about not only the news, but also how tv and film influence us and our culture. This was the time of Friends, 90210 (the real one), Dawson's Creek. My generation saw the beginnings of reality TV...I remember watching the very first episode of The Real World. We also saw the inception of more than 200 TV channels. There was truly something for everyone and life was good.
In my life I have very few people who love TV as much as I do, so I hope you will read along with me and maybe we can chat some about what we enjoy and obsess over.
No comments:
Post a Comment