1. The West Wing....I think this one, under the absolute perfect conditions could recapture the magic. The premise of the White House leaves us endless possibilities and gives the opportunity to totally re-work the show every four or eight seasons. And honestly, who isn't dying to see Josh and Donna happily ever after, if only for a few minutes?
I was a sophomore in college when Ross said "I, Ross, take thee Rachel"....and in every room on my floor I heard a collective gasp.....moments like that don't come along all the time. Friends was funny, but you also loved those characters. They really did feel like your friends. I don't know about you, but I have no doubt they are all still funny ten years later.
While this one would require some doing since Betty White is the only Girl still with us (RIP Sophia, Blanche and Dorothy) who wouldn't want to see them continue to eat cheesecake and laugh together. I hope that someday I have friends like that.
4. Gilmore Girls
Like many fans of the show, I felt robbed by how this series spent its last season. The abrupt departure of Amy Sherman Palladino and Dan Palladino - after they had written Lorelei into a corner no less - took new show runner David Rosenthal half a season to write his way out of. This left us with only half a season to wrap things up and give our girls a proper send-off. While I think Rosenthal did a remarkable job considering the obstacles, I wish it had been different. I wish we could have seen Rory in the real world. Lorelei and Luke married and dealing with all those challenges. There has been much online chat about a reunion movie....where do I send my check to make it happen?
The beauty of this show was Coach and his relationship with his players. I personally would have loved to have seen him working with kids for years to come. I think the story had plenty of possibilities, but unfortunately it wasn't given the opportunity to grow from the beginning. Too much emphasis was placed on the teens lives and not on the team relationship. And honestly, some of the stories tried too hard to be "edgy" in a way the show was never intended to be (cough..Landry the murderer...cough). I think it deserves another shot...
If you could bring back a show, which would it be and why?
No comments:
Post a Comment